THE MEDIA SERVER
BUILD AND INSTALL YOUR HOME THEATER: THE COMPLETE GUIDE FROM BEGINNER TO ADVANCE USERS!
The complete guide to install your HTPC from scratch. We decided to assemble as much information as we can on the topic. So here, you will find a huge gathering of information that will help you build the HTPC you need from start to finish. You will find how to:
BE AWARE THAT THIS IS SITE IS ALWAYS UPDATING. A LOT OF EMPTY SPACE FOR NOW, BUT BE PATIENT AND SOME MORE AWESOME STUFF WILL ADD UP!!!
- Why HTPC (Home Theatre Personal Computer)?
- Build a machine that fit nicely on your TV surrounding
- Some interesting HTPC build examples
- Which Operating System for your HTPC?
- Set up your Home Network:
- Set up a VPN with openvpn and iptables
- Set up Kodi and PLEX linked all together.
- Install Kodi
- Install Plexmediaserver
- Link both watchlist with trakt.tv
- Install your 5.1/7.1 Surround Sound setup with Kodi
- Use Kodi and MythTV together for Live TV access / recording
- Buy and Set up Infrared Remote Controller
- Use your smart phone as a remote Controller.
- Set up automatic torrent downloads with flexget and deluge
- Install deluged and deluge-web as an headless daemon on Ubuntu and KodiBuntu
- Configure Deluge deamon and Deluge-web
- Remotely connect to your Deluge Server with Deluge Client
- Hook deluge to Apache and OpenSSL and access it with custom domains
- Auto-Extract Archives when download completed
- Monitor your downloads with a PHP webpage
- Install Flexget
- Configure Movies with Discover / RSS and Trakt.tv or IMDB
- Configure Series with RSS Flux and Trakt.tv
- Set up Apache:
- Create a custom web page to monitor your HTPC
- Install phpsysinfo for extended HTPC monitoring
- Link Apache, deluge and plex to your domain name and secure them with OpenSSL
- Rip your Bluray Collection into your Home Theatre
- Install Emulators to Play Old School Games ( PS1, Ps2, SNES, NES, SEGA, Nintendo 64, etc )
- Setup Advance Launcher to fire your games from Kodi
- Install Steam Games
- Automatically Backup your Media Server
- Enjoy your media server / center!